Education & Training
Past Report of the International Seminar on TQM
2008 ISTQ Report
JUSE International Seminar on TQM was held 4 times in 2008: one regular English program and three tailor-made courses organized for delegates from Dubai, Taiwan, and China.
We were honored to welcome enthusiastic participants from all over the world.
Taking this opportunity, JUSE International Relations team would like to thank every and each one of you who have joined our program and shared valuable time with us. We truly wish everyone's success in pursuing and further developing TQM!
- 1. JUSE-DUBAL 5S Study Tour-Tailor-made program for Dubai Aluminium Company Limited from Feb. 18 to 22, 2008.
- There were 9 participants from Dubai. The program covered 1-day class-room lecture, 4-day plant visits, and half-day sightseeing in Kyoto.
This tailor-made program featured "5S" as per company's request.
- 2. JUSE-Japan Study Tour for Unimicron-Tailor-made program for Unimicron Corporation from Mar. 3 to 7, 2008.
- There were 24 participants from Taiwan. The program covered class-room lectures, plant visits, and Home Party hosted by Dr. Noriaki Kano, where participants enjoyed visiting Japanese household and cultural entertainments.
- 3. JUSE International Seminar on TQM from Jul.7 to 17, 2008 [Regular two-week program]
- There were total of 46 participants from Brazil, France, Germany, India, and Thailand.
The program covered 5-day class room lectures and 4-day plant visits.
- 4. JUSE International Seminar on TQM -Tailor-made program for Shenzhen Ocean's King Lighting Science & Technology Co., Ltd. from February 16 to 24, 2009.
- There were 23 participants from China. The program was actively carried out with Japanese/Chinese translation covering 4-day lectures and 3-day plant visits. The team also enjoyed time in Tokyo Disney Sea as well as stay in hot springs in Kanazawa, one of the historical regions facing the Sea of Japan.
Contents covered in 2008
- Overview of TQM
- 5S and Daily Routine Management
- Role of the TQM Promoter in Charge and TQM Activities at Aisin Seiki
- Strategic Management by Policy (SMBP)
- Quality Assurance and Reliability Engineering
- Role of Top Management in TQM
- Application of Statistical Methods for Process Improvement
- How to Operate TQM
- TQM from Now On
- Application of TQM in Sales:
Overview of Seven Management Tools for QC
Overview of Quality Function Deployment
- Advanced Study of TQM:
Attractive Quality Creation
TQM for Management
- CS and Environmental Management
- Role of Manager in TQM Promotion
- Group Exercise:
Plant Visits (in Alphabetical order):
- Aisin Keikinzoku
- Aisin Seiki
- Hino Motors
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Nagatsu Industries
- Nissan Motor
- Sekisui Chemical
- Toyota Motor Corporation