Education & Training
Past Report of the International Seminar on TQM
2007 ISTQ Report
In 2007, JUSE International Seminar on TQM was held five times: two of which were regular English programs and three were tailar-made programs. Taking this opportunity, JUSE International team would like to thank every and each one of you who have joined our program and shared good times with us! We truly enjoyed your participation.
- 1. SCG Strategic Formulation Program from Jan 29 to Feb 9, 2007 [Tailer-made program]
- There were total of 50 participants from SCG Group companies, Thailand including the group president & CEO.
The program covered lectures, plant visits, workshops and finally presentations of gains from the program.
- 2. JUSE International Seminar on TQM from Jul 2 to Jul 12, 2007 [Regular two week program]
- There were total of 39 particpants from India, Mexico and Saudi Arabia.
The program covered 5 days lectures and 4 days plant visits.
- 3. JUSE International Seminar on TQM - Intensive program for SRM University from Jul 23 to Jul 28, 2007 [Tailer-made program]
- There were total of 12 participants from India. The program covered two days lectures and three days plant visits, followed by Kyoto highlight sightseeing tour.
- 4. JUSE Japan Study Tour for Valessentia from Oct 22 to Oct 26, 2007 [Tailer-made program]
- There were total of 10 participants from France and Italy. The program covered two days lectures including "Toyota Production System" from the current Toyota general manager as well as 4 company visits.
- 5. JUSE International Seminar on TQM from Dec. 10 to Dec. 14, 2007 [Regular one week program]
- There were total of 12 particpants from India and U.A.E. The program covered three-day lectures and two-day plant visits.
Schedule for regular ISTQ program in future is usually posted on our website every year around March. Two weeks course for 2008 will be held from July 7-17, 2008. Should you be interested in attending this seminar, please check our website from time to time. You can also send us an email requesting seminar information, and we'll include you in our correspondence mailing list.
JUSE International team is happy to assist to organize a tailor-made seminar in Japan with a group of 15 participants or more. Please send us an email at email@example.com for enquiry.
Contents covered in 2007
- Overview of TQM
- TQM: A Comparative Study of Japan and the U.S.
- Stategic Policy Management
- The role of Top Management in TQM
- Daily Management and Standardization
- How to operate TQM
- Human Aspect of Quality Management
- Toyota Production System
- Breakthrough Management
- Error proofing and small group activities
- Application of Statistical Methods for process improvement
- Quality Function Deployment
- TQM Promotion and Business Strategy
- QC Story
- Evaluation of Policy
- Problem-solving and Task-achieving Approach
- Quality from now on
- Quality Assurance and Reliability Engineering
- The role of Quality Managers
Plant Visits (in Alphabetical order):
- Aichi Kikai
- Aisin Kiko
- Aisin Seiki
- Hino Motor
- Honda Motor
- Koito manufacturing
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Nissan Motor
- Sekisui Chemical
- Toyota Motor